Friday, October 23, 2009
My Job Is Awesome!
Something a friend said to me got me to thinkin'. I made the comment about going to work and being extremely excited about it and she asked me to send her some of my enthusiasm. My first thought was: everyone who works should have the same enthusiasm for their jobs as I do for mine. How horrible it would be to wake up every day not looking forward to the day ahead and not enjoying the work I do. Work shouldn't be a hassle nor should it be something you resent. It should be enjoyable and something you love doing. I love being a massage therapist. When I go to work I am excited and I never get bored--that's the way all jobs should be. For years I thought work had to be hard and zero fun, then I entered the massage field and realized how wrong I had been. Work can and should be fun, exciting, and fulfilling and that's what I get out of my job. I never thought anything I did in life could have such a positive affect on my life like body work has. School helped me grow as a person and every time I go to work I grow as a therapist. I take pride in what I do and I wish it was the same for everyone. I love the quote, "If you love what you do you will never have to work another day in your life." It's so true. Work to me isn't a paycheck anymore--it's more than that now. It's being able to help those in need, it's about serving others in the world and giving back. I get up and go to work because I love it, not because I have to. My job is awesome and the work I do is awesome! Every day I wake up I am grateful for UCMT for providing me with the amazing education which ultimately enabled me to be in a career I love and am truly passionate about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment